accessKent will be down for maintenance between 2:30 and 3:30pm, Tuesday, April 11th. The outage will be for approximately 30 minutes.
Pretrial Supervision and Maximum
Provides supervised release services for those defendants
released on bond that have the requirement set forth as a
condition of bond as outlined in the Michigan Court Rule 6.106
All defendants are eligible for "Pretrial
Case Management Services:
- Assess the needs and risks of each defendant released on
bond explaining the conditions of the release and determine
the supervision level based on the risk related issues.
- Monitor the compliance of the defendant's bond conditions,
which may include reporting weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or
- Petition, prepare and represent in court all Order to Show
cause hearings and Bench Warrants issued for non compliance
of court ordered pretrial release conditions.
- Refer defendants to the appropriate community resources in
compliance with pretrial release.
- Escort, assist and conduct urinalysis and breathalyzer
tests as determined by the conditions of release.
- Provide information relative to sentencing to the
probation departments, courts, and other court officials
concerning the defendant's compliance and progress while on
Pretrial Maximum Supervision
Provides a more structured and intensified supervision to
higher risk defendants released on a Electronic Monitoring
Device (tether) and /or a Screen & Breathalyzer. The
Maximum Supervision Caseworker is responsible for overseeing
the use and function of the monitoring equipment and all
activities of the defendants participating in the
program. High priority is given to employment, education, and
General Eligibility Criteria
- Defendants charged with a felony.
- The defendant agrees to participate and signs the Pretrial
Release Maximum Supervision agreement.
- The defendant has an approved stable release address.
- The defendant has an approved telephone service available
at release address.
- The defendant must be able to care for his/her own safety,
and not be a danger to others due to mental illness and or
Excluded from Eligibility
Maximum Pretrial candidates will not be eligible if one or
more of the following conditions exist:
- Remanded without bond. (NOT ALL CASES APPLY)
- Have holds from other jurisdictions that would result from
the defendant not being able to bond out.
- Have pending charges of an assaultive nature or has
demonstrated a history of assaultive behavior.
- Have been a prior MSP participant and were terminated
- All suitable households decline participation.