Emily Cushway is recognized as the Kent County Quality Service Employee of the 1st Quarter for helping to fulfill Kent County’s mission by providing several Kent County Friend of the Court customers with outstanding quality service. Here are some of the comments that Friend of the Court clients had to say about Ms. Cushway:
- Emily helped me with my child support funds and provided me with copies of the appropriate child support documents.
- Ms. Cushway was able to retrieve and forward information to me relating to my case, where this was not so easily done in the past. She saved me a few weeks of frustration.
- Emily was exceptional in helping me to figure out how to get matters resolved regarding my case. I have had difficulty with my case, which was from another County and Emily pointed me in the right direction. She helped me in a matter of minutes to resolve an issue that I have been experiencing since 1999.
Number of Years Employed by Kent County: 2 years in total.
The hardest thing I’ve ever done: Working and going to college both full time and graduating with Summa Cum Laude honors.
Three people (living or dead) I’d invite to dinner: John Lennon, Benjamin Franklin, and my fiancé.
You’d be surprised to learn that: : I worked my way through college without any loans or debt.
The thing that I like most about working for Kent County is: Feeling as though I am helping people in my own community.
Please join us in congratulating Emily Cushway for earning Kent County’s Employee Recognition for Quality Service Award.
If you know a Kent County employee who is deserving of this award please complete a nomination form at www.accesskent.com/qualityservice or on the Kent County Intranet.
"Abraham Lincoln once said: 'With public trust we can do anything. Without it we can do nothing.' It is in that light that I view public service -- especially at the local level -- as the most honorable of callings."
~Daryl J. Delabbio, County Administrator/Controller
- Act with Integrity
- Serve As a Good Steward of County Resources
- Provide Quality Service to Internal & External Customers
- Work Collaboratively
- Embrace Diversity and Inclusion